Thursday, November 3, 2011

Risks...

I have been challenged a lot lately in one area.  I must take risks.  Now, I am not talking about doing things by the seat of my pants (even though they are big pants) and just doing whatever feels right or what is the hottest thing going.  I recently attended a training where this point was emphasized extensively. 

I was listening to a church planter discuss what risks looked like in his ministry in the early stages of the church plant.  I was floored at some of the things that he did.  Several years after he had started the church (the church was running several hundred people at this point) God spoke to him. 

God told him that he was longer taking risks.  God reminded him how in the infancy stages of the church, the faithful church planter had taken big risks and God had proved faithful during those risks.  The church planter heeding the reminding of God and began taking risks again.  God has continued to prove faithful in this ministry.  The church now runs over 1,000. 

This got me thinking (that is dangerous, I know.).  What risks I am currently taking in my ministry at Ada First?  Am I believing that God will prove Himself faithful in my ministry?  

I think something for us to remember is that in the Christian world, risk is just another word for faith. 

In what areas of my ministry am I trusting God's faithfulness?  I am not doing this nearly enough, if at all.  I hope that this gives us something to think on.  I hope this challenges us not only to think, but to act.  I need to get off my "blessed assurance" and take some risks (have faith).  God please help me to do this.

In this situation, OUR ACTIONS NEED TO SPEAK A LOT LOUDER THAN OUR WORDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment