Thursday, November 3, 2011

Psalm 3

God gave me some words.  I was reading Psalm 3 recently and these can to me.  I am not a writer, but that doesn't matter.  So, here you go.  Take this for what it is and make fun if you will. 

Here are the actual words to Psalm 3 penned by King David.

 1O LORD, how many are my foes!
   Many are rising against me;
2many are saying of my soul,
    there is no salvation for him in God.
                         Selah 3But you, O LORD, are a shield about me,
   my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4I cried aloud to the LORD,
   and he answered me from his holy hill.
                         Selah
 5I lay down and slept;
   I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.
6I will not be afraid of many thousands of people
   who have set themselves against me all around.

 7 Arise, O LORD!
   Save me, O my God!
For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
   you break the teeth of the wicked.

 8 Salvation belongs to the LORD;
   your blessing be on your people!
                         Selah

Here are my words penned by Derek.

Verse 1
Here they come.
They're closing in.
My foes are so many, they'll be my end.

Insults, mockery, ridicule is their cry.
"There is no salvation for him, he'll die."

Chorus
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me.
But You, O Lord, will deliver me.
But You, O Lord, lift my head and dry me tears.
I cried aloud and You answered me.
And You, O Lord, rescued me.
You rescued me.

Verse 2
 As lay down on my pillow tonight
Despite the turmoil, there's an end in sight.
I will not fret and I will not freight
I'll wake again with You by my side.
Though enemies are many and want to succeed
You, O Lord, You rescue me.
You rescue me.

Bridge
 Arise, O Lord and save me.
Strike and break the wickedness of my enemies.
Salvation belongs to You, O Lord
Bless us all in one accord

No comments:

Post a Comment